Monday, June 20, 2011

May I Have the Envelope, Please?

On my birthday, I received three blog awards: The Versatile Blogger Award, One Lovely Blog, and The Stylish Blogger Award. The rules for receiving a blog award are:
  1. Thank and link back to the person that gave you the award.
  2. Share seven things about yourself.
  3. Pass the award to fifteen bloggers that you think deserve it.
  4. Lastly, contact all of the bloggers that you've picked for the award. 
At the time I'd only been blogging for a month and I didn't really feel qualified to pass the award on. Now it's been almost six months--I might not be an Experienced Blogger yet, but at least I'm no longer the new kid on the block. Besides, I finished my draft on Saturday and what better way to celebrate than by throwing an awards ceremony?
  1. Thank you Charissa! Those awards gave my confidence a definite boost, and they were a fantastic birthday present too.
  2. Seven things about me:
    1. I am completely addicted to chocolate.
    2. I have a cat named Smokey who might actually be smarter than I am.
    3. I've traveled more extensively than the average American, both within the US and abroad.
    4. My love for Austen is rivaled only by my love for Tolkien. The one disappointment of my England trip was the complete lack of Tolkien geekery.
    5. Some might call me an obsessive planner. I like to think I'm just prepared for the coming zombie apocalypse.
    6. I organize things by date--either when I last used them, or when I will need them. Thus, when my roommate straightens the house, I cannot find a thing.
    7. Like Charissa, I too am a pastor's daughter.
  3. Fifteen people to whom I gift these awards:
    1. Jessica at Narniamum
    2. Jennifer at Skidding in Sideways
    3. Rebecca at A Word's Worth
    4. Kaydee at For the Love of Austen
    5. Debra at English Epochs 101
    6. Kals at At Pemberley
    7. Julia at wordsxo
    8. Sarah Allen at From Sarah, With Joy
    9. Amber Rose at Laughing With Broken Eyes
    10. Jen at Neptune Butterfly
    11. Austen in Bath at Austen in Bath
    12. Rosita at A Writer Forever... 
    13. Shannon at Jane Austen Says...
    14. Susan at Loves Jane Austen
    15. Alexa at First Impressions
  4. I've contacted all these lovely ladies (and they are all ladies, interesting!) via Twitter. If you'll notice, I've linked each of them not only to their blogs but also to their Twitter accounts. Please take a moment and follow them--you won't regret it.