Monday, March 28, 2011

A business by any other name...

Today's title is a hint to my location...

Up until now, I've focused primarily on the creative aspect of publishing. After all, if I don't get the book done, I won't have anything to publish. I do have a list of administrative tasks to address when I get back from England however, and number one on the list is finding a name for my publishing house.

I don't need to create a publishing house to self-publish, but I want to. Taking this extra step tells readers I'm serious about my work. For that same reason, I don't want to name it after myself. After all, the whole point is to form a business entity, to give my creative endeavors a higher level of credibility.

If the last six months have taught me anything, it's that the internet is full of wonderfully creative people. If you wanted to start a publishing house, what would you call it? I wouldn't mind something that was a tip of the hat to Austen, but it should be an obscure reference. All my current projects are Austen related, but that might not be the case in the future. My boss suggested FD Publishing, for Fitzwilliam Darcy.

Your thoughts and suggestions are most welcome.